Thursday, September 29, 2022

WHERE DO THE RED SOX GO NEXT?

by: Isaac Potter

 After an amazing run in the 2021 MLB playoffs, the Boston Red Sox were looking to have a bounce back year. Well….lets just say it has not gone that way. The Red Sox currently sit in last place in the American League East Standings with a record of 74-81. Lots of struggles with players injured, bullpen struggles, Chris Sale falling off his bike, and more. So what is next going forward for the Red Sox? Here are some things they need to do going forward. 

Priority Number #1 Bring back Rafael Devers and Xander Bogaerts 

If anyone on the Red Sox has been showing consistency, it has been these two. The Red Sox have been known for not paying their star players *cough* Mookie Betts *cough*. You can't let these two players walk. If you pay them and end up trading/letting them walk, it is a huge mistake. They are some of the best hitters in the lineup and in the field and they need to stick around as long as they can for the future. IF ANYTHING, bring back at least one player.


Priority Number #2 GET SOME BULLPEN HELP


Man the amount of times we have seen a good pitching performance from the starters just for it to be ruined, because our bullpen is terrible is crazy. I think our starting pitching rotation is solid with Sale, Eovaldi, Pivetta, Wacha. But wow we need some help in the bullpen. We don’t have a closer (haven’t had one since Kimbrel in my opinion), and I think that is huge. We just need more help in the bullpen, it was a problem in last year’s run and it is a problem again in this season.


Priority Number #3 Trade Bobby Dalbec


I’m sorry Red Sox fans, but the Bobby Dalbec train needs to leave. The Red Sox looked to him as a future star for the Red Sox, but man has he been disappointing. You need to trade him for a TEAM NEED which is some pitching. Eric Homser (if he comes back to Boston) and Tristan Casas should be the only two playing first base going forward. I get he is young, but he has had the chance to prove to play in the big leagues and I don't think this is the place for him.


I don't think the Red Sox are that bad, but it needs some work. It all starts in the front office and I don’t like their vision for this team as of lately. They need to do something before they make this team a joke again.


No comments:

Post a Comment